Student: Krystianna Sitz Date: Nov 5, 2014
Section: 113 R- 8AM
Determination of Percent Composition of Pennies Employing Redox and Double Shift (Precipitation) Reactions Objectives: Invisalign experiment can consist of oxidation-reduction and dual displacement reactions as well as titration techniques. Each one of these components will be used in order to identify the percent composition of pennies. In conducting redox and double displacement we can easily analyze a cent and discover the chemical substance composition of the product. The experiment entails careful observations and documenting of data for a reaction. In this experiment observe gases being created, the creating of precipitation and color changes.
1 . What is the excess weight of a content 1982 any amount of money?
- Roughly 2 . 496 grams
2 . What is the percent copper and zinc in a post 1982 penny? -- 97. your five % Zinc and 2 . 5 % Copper
3. Just how many grams of birdwatcher and zinc are within a post 1982 penny? -- (2. 496 x 0. 975) sama dengan 2 . 43 g of Zinc
(2. 496 times 0. 025) = zero. 062 g of Birdwatcher
4. How many moles of copper mineral and zinc are in post 1982 pennies? (2. 43 g Zn back button 1 mol Zn) / 63. 32 g Zn = 0. 037 mol Zn
(0. 062 g Cu by 1 mol Cu) / 63. fifty four g Cu = zero. 00097 mol Cu
5. Set a balanced reaction of zinc with HCl.
-- Zn (s) + 2HCl (aq) � ZnCl2 (aq) + H2 (g)
6. How many skin moles of HCl are needed to react totally with all of the zinc in a content 1982 penny? (2. 43 g Zn x you mol) as well as 65. 32 g Zn = 0. 037 mol Zn
(0. 037 mol Zn back button 2mol HCl) / you mol Zn = zero. 074 mol HCl is required 7. Within a procedure created to determine the percent zinc in post 1982 pennies, 40 ml of an HCl remedy was used to react (dissolve) all of the zinc in the dime. To ensure full reaction, the perfect solution contains two times as many skin moles of HCl that is basically needed. What concentration of HCl must be used? - (0. 074 mol HCl / zero. 05 L) = 1 . 48 Meters
8. In the...